For everyone it has been a very long period and with many uncertainties. But for our part, as the organizing team of Eroica Hispania, and as we are sure that for you, the desire and enthusiasm to meet again in La Rioja have been irrepressible.
Moving the Eroica Hispania to October fills us with curiosity, especially since we are eager to be able to contemplate our paths is its maximum autumnal splendor. Attached to this email we send you the official poster of the 6th edition of Eroica Hispania that we will deliver to you printed in the “runner's bag” that you will have at your disposal when picking up your numbers.
With this statement we remind you of important information so that we can all enjoy our great Eroica party:
Delivery of numbers
The delivery of numbers will be made in the arcades of the City Council located in the Plaza de la Paz de Haro, at the following times:
• Friday, October 15th: 17:00 - 20:00
• Saturday, October 16th: 10:00 - 20:00
• Sunday October 17th: 06:30 - 10:00 (in the case of Long or Medium route participants, the closing date for collection of numbers is at 07:30)
At the time of withdrawal of the number, each participant will also be given their "runner's bag" with everything necessary to participate in the march, including gifts from the Organization and the Sponsors.
Plaza de la Paz in Haro, the epicenter of activity
The Plaza de la Paz de Haro, will be throughout the weekend, the epicenter for all the Eroic @ s:
• Friday, October 15th: removal of numbers
• Saturday October 16th: Expo Zone with exhibitors of classic cycling pieces, exhibitions, animations, elegance contest, proclamation, terraces and restaurants, etc.
• Sunday October 17th: point of departure and arrival of all tours
Departure times for the 4 routes:
• Long and Medium routes: from 06:30 to 07:30
• Short route: from 08:00 to 09:00
• “Paseo” at 10:00
All routes will have their starting and finishing point in the start and finish area arranged in the Plaza de la Paz in Haro.
Please download the GPS tracks from here: https://eroica.cc/en/hispania/routes
** IMPORTANT **: for all those registered in the LONG and MEDIUM route, it is strictly MANDATORY to use a white front light (also front) and a red rear light. When contesting the march this year in October, sunlight is much less than in June, the date on which the march has been held in previous editions. It will not be dawn until 8:00 in the morning and it will be sunset around 6:45 pm. The two routes (medium and long) will start between 6:30 and 7:30 and no one will be allowed to start later than this time.
Rest Stops Points per route:
• Long Route: They will have a total of 7 rest stop points located in: San Vicente de la Sonsierra, Laguardia, Labraza, Logroño, Nájera, San Millán de la Cogolla and Santo Domingo de la Calzada
• Medium Route: They will have a total of 4 rest stop points located in: San Vicente de la Sonsierra, Nájera, San Millán de la Cogolla and Santo Domingo de la Calzada
• Short Route: They will have a total of 3 rest stop points located in: San Vicente de la Sonsierra, Nájera and Santo Domingo de la Calzada
As always, we will try to offer you different and very authentic aid stations, although this year due to the pandemic we will have to follow the guidelines of the corresponding security protocols.
We invite you to read our regulations again through the link to our website:
Anyway, we remind you that lycra jerseys are not allowed, even if they are a reproduction of old jerseys, and the Santini brand lycra jerseys are not allowed either. If the lycra is original from the 80s, no problem. Wool leotards, including merino wool, of current manufacture, are allowed. As for the culottes, they are allowed in lycra as long as they are solid color and without apparent marks (black or dark color). On the shoes, black, white or brown tennis shoes are allowed, as long as they do not include flashy colors. The helmet, of course, can be modern: safety first.
As for the bikes: restored but not tuned bikes are allowed. In other words, the restoration has to follow the line of classic bikes from before 1987. Bikes from the 80s tuned with fluorescent colors or with modified wheels or with fixed or single speed mechanical transmission are not allowed.
In case you still do not have a place reserved to spend the weekend, you can consult the different accommodation options that we have on our website, including the Camping, with the corresponding discounts, by clicking here:
See you very soon in Haro !!!
For any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us in our usual channels.