ART. 1 – DATE AND PLACE
The event will take place on SUNDAY 5 SEPTEMBER 2020 in SAN CANDIDO, BOLZANO, Italy.
ART. 2 – ROUTES AND START
Eroica Dolomiti offers 3 different routes:
• Long 118 km, a medical certificate for the practice of competitive cycling is required;
• Medium 95 km, a medical certificate for the practice of competitive cycling is required;
• Short 73 km, a medical certificate for the practice of NON-competitive cycling is sufficient;
Each participant may choose the route that is most suited to him/her and the choice must be indicated when registering. However, it is possible to modify your choice up until the start of the race, without any penalty, as long as you choose a route requiring the same type of medical certificate.
This faculty may be curtailed or modified by the Organisation for technical and/or safety reasons.
As well as providing a medical certificate and club membership.
Routes will be signposted but each rider is expected to use the "Road Book" and "Eroica map". The maps and GPS routes may be consulted and downloaded from the Routes page on the www.eroicadolomiti.it website.
Starting times will be as follows:
• Long 118 km and Medium 95 km routes: 07:30 – 8:00;
• Short 73 km, 08:00
ART. 3 – PARTICIPATION AND MEDICAL CERTIFICATE
Eroica Dolomiti is open to anybody of either sex who is over 16 years of age.
In 2020, according to Italian law, all cyclists must be members of a club that is recognised by CONI (Italian National Olympics Committee).
Italian cyclists with club membership
Italian cyclists with private cycling club membership must have membership both at the time of registering and on the day of the Event. Membership of the Italian Cycling Federation (FCI) and of the four bodies affiliated with the FCI (ACSI, UISP, CSAIN, CSI) is valid. FCI affiliated Bike Cards are also accepted but free ACSI membership will be activated for these participants for the Event.
Italian Cyclists without club membership
Italian cyclists who are not members of a private sport’s club may register by paying €10 for “ACSI membership” which includes daily insurance cover for the event Eroica Dolomiti – ASDI San Candido.
All FOREIGN cyclists may register by paying €10 for “ACSI membership” which includes daily insurance cover for the event Eroica Dolomiti organized by ASDI San Candido.
The ACSI membership card includes a daily insurance policy and can be downloaded from the ACSI website at the following link: http://ciclismo.acsi.it/assicurazioni
The Organisation reserves the incontestable right to accept or refuse registration or to exclude an entrant from the event, should his/her participation damage the image of the event.
ART. 4 – MANDATORY MEDICAL CERTIFICATE FOR EVERYBODY
All participants, including those who are members of a sport’s club (as per Art. 3) are OBLIGED to present to the organisers one of the following types of MEDICAL CERTIFICATE that is valid for the route chosen:
• MEDICAL CERTIFICATE for COMPETITIVE CYCLING for those participating in the 118 km and 95 km routes;
• MEDICAL CERTIFICATE NON-COMPETITIVE for those participating in the 73 km
N.B. The medical certificate must be uploaded to the “MyEroica” platform, in the “My documents” section, by 31 August 2020. The certificate will be checked and validated online within 15 days of being uploaded. If the medical certificate is not compliant, it will be refused and cancelled and the entrant will have to upload a new compliant one. The medical certificate must be specifically for CYCLING. We cannot accept certificates issued for other disciplines, such as triathlons, athletics, etc. If these conditions are not met, the cyclist will not be considered registered and he/she will also lose the right to be reimbursed.
Each participant must declare, in accordance with D.P.R. n. 445 of 28 December 2000, that the documents uploaded to the MyEroica system correspond to the originals in his/her possession.
Italian cyclists who are members of FCI, ACSI, UISP, CSAIN, CSI or have a Bike Card are also obliged to upload the medical certificate onto the MyEroica platform.
ART. 5 – REGISTRATION METHODS AND FEES
It is possible to register directly on the MyEroica platform: https://www.myeroica.cc
Each participant must register using his/her own email address and choosing a password. The email address will become your user ID, therefore the same email address cannot be used by 2 or more people.
Registration will open at 9:00 am on 10 Febbruary 2020 (CET, Rome) and will remain open until the 500 places available have been sold out.
The registration fee, irrespective of the amount paid, includes:
• RACE PACK with event gifts and souvenirs;
• RACE NUMBER to be attached to your jersey and bicycle;
• ROAD BOOK which will be stamped at checkpoints;
• EROICA MAP with details of the routes, food stops, checkpoints and mechanical assistance;
• FOOD STOPS in varying numbers according to the length of the route chosen;
ART. 6 – CRITERIA REGUARDING BICYCLES AND CLOTHING
Eroica Dolomiti is an event for road-racing bicycles and is dedicated to cyclists wearing vintage or historically inspired clothing, riding “HISTORICAL BIKES”/VINTAGE or VINTAGE-STYLE MODERN BIKES. Lycra clothing may not be worn.
6.1 – Bicycles
At Eroica Dolomiti, only the following kinds of bikes are admitted:
-vintage road-racing bikes, or so-called HEROIC BIKES, as described in paragraph 6.1.a;
-historically inspired or VINTAGE-STYLE BIKES, including recently built bikes, as described in the below paragraph 6.1.b.;
Only those bikes described in paragraphs 6.1.a / 6.1.b will be admitted.
6.1.a –Heroic bikes or vintage bikes
HEROIC BIKES are all road-racing bikes built up to and including 1987, both with and without gears, such as those built in the late 19th or early 20th centuries. These bicycles most likely have a steel frame or an Alan type alluminium frame.
Regarding components, bicycles should adhere to the following general guidelines:
1. More recent bikes with gears and derailleurs must have shift levers on the down tube of the frame; exceptions include pre-1980 non indexed bar-end gear shifters;
2. Pedals must have toe clips and straps or original pedals for older bikes; quick release, clip-less pedals are not allowed;
3. Brake cables must pass outside and over the handlebars (cables can pass inside the frame);
4. Wheels must have at least 32 spokes laced to a low profile rim (20 mm depth or less); rims must be of either steel, aluminium or wood;
5. Both tubular tyres and clinchers with inner tubes are allowed;
6. We invite participants to fit saddles from the same period as the bicycles, so a model of 1987 or earlier; alternatively we suggest fitting a vintage model of modern production;
7. Change of the gear ratios is allowed due to the difficulty of the ride.
Early 20th century bicycles without gears do not need to comply with the above criteria as long as they have their original components.
6.1.b – Vintage-style or modern built bikes
Vintage-style, steel framed bikes of new or recent construction with vintage look and characteristics may be used only if they are road-racing bikes assembled using vintage components or replicated parts similar to the originals, as described above.
6.1.c - Waivers and exemptions
On request, exceptions regarding the type of bicycle may be granted to participants with disabilities.
For the 46 km and 27 km routes, other types of vintage bicycles will be admitted, such as postman’s bikes, general working bicycles, leisure bicycles, etc.
Mountain bikes are excluded from all routes.
Any registered cyclist who arrives at the starting line or is found on the route with a bicycle that does not conform to the rules and regulations of the event will be disqualified.
6.2 – CLOTHING
Participants are strongly encouraged to wear vintage or vintage-style cycling gear, such as wool jerseys and shorts and to avoid wearing modern technical gear in a visible way. The management reserves the right to disqualify any participant whose behaviour is considered inappropriate. Should photographic or video evidence of irregular behaviour come available after the event, the Organisation reserves the right to exclude those responsible from the event.
6.3 – Accessories
With regard to the vintage spirit of the event, participants are invited to carefully select all their accessories, from shoes to caps and water bottles etc. The only modern cycling accessory allowed is a safety-cycling helmet, which we encourage everybody to use.
ART. 7 – RESPECT THE RULES OF THE ROAD
Eroica Dolomiti is a LEISURE RIDE on asphalt and white roads; the whole route will be open to traffic for the entire duration of the event, and it is therefore obligatory that all participants respect the Rules of the Road. It is also mandatory to have a repair kit for punctures and breakdowns.
ART. 8 – VALIDITY OF REGISTRATION
Registration can be considered valid only when the electronic registration procedure has been completed, the corresponding fee has been credited to the Organisation, the medical certificate or documentation relating to membership of a recognised sport’s club has been received and all of the above has been confirmed by the Organisation.
The Eroica Dolomiti Organisation may, incontestably, at any time, decide whether or not to accept a registration, without obligation to provide further explanation.
ART. 9 – SUBSTITUTIONS OR CANCELLATIONS
It is possible to request the substitution of a participant by 31 August 2020, if registration is in order. An administration fee of €15.00 will be charged for this service.
If a registered cyclist is unable to participate in Eroica Dolomiti, the registration fee will not be reimbursed and the race pack will not be sent.
It is possible to cancel your registration by contacting email@example.com by 31 August 2020.
The organisation reserves the incontestable right to judge whether cancellations are the result of “an objective impossibility to participate because of injury”, as documented by a medical report.
In cases recognised by the organisation, the registration fee will be considered valid for the 2021 edition.
Any registration considered valid for the following year is strictly personal and cannot be transferred to a third party. It will only be valid for the year following the year of cancellation. Should the cyclist fail to participate again, the registration fee will be forfeited.
ART. 10 – COLLECTION OF RACE NUMBER with I.D.
In San Candido, RACE PACKS and NUMBERS will be distributed before the event, at the following times:
• Friday 04 September 2020, from 04:00 pm to 09:00 pm
• Saturday 05 September 2020, from 06:00 am to 8:00 am
In order to pick up your RACE PACK, it is mandatory to present:
• A printout of your “MY EROICA” page;
• Membership card for a competitive sport’s club or a medical certificate, according to Art. 3 of the current regulations;
• A valid form of I.D.
It will be possible to delegate a friend or trusted person to collect the “RACE PACK” by providing the following:
• An original printout of the “MY EROICA” page, with the PROXY section filled out and signed;
• Copy of the I.D. of the delegating party;
• Copy of the competitive sport’s club membership card or original medical certificate of the delegating party, according to art. 3 of the current regulations;
• Valid I.D. of the delegated party.
ART. 11 – TIME LIMITS, ROUTE CLOSURE and ASSISTANCE
No type of medical assistance will be provided, apart from S.O.S. for medical emergencies; call the emergency number that you will find on the roadbook.
Mechanical assistance will be provided for a fee at each official food stop. Assistance by private vehicles following the event is not permitted.
ART. 12 – FOOD STOPS
Along the routes there are refreshment points equipped with drinks, sweet and savoury food in authentic Heroic style. Access to refreshments is included in the participation fee.
ART. 13 – CHECKPOINT STAMPS
Checkpoint stamps are the only proof of the route undertaken. The Road Book will be stamped at the start, along the route and at the finish line. There is just one Road Book for all routes.
ART. 14 – INFORMATION
The event is organised by APT SAN CANDIDO and ASDI San Candido, Via Erschbann, 39038 San Candido under the aegis of ACSI (Association of Italian Sport’s Centres), a sport’s promotion body recognised by CONI (the Italian National Olympic Committee).
ART. 15 - CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT OF THE EVENT
If, for reasons of force majeure, the event does not take place, the amount paid will not be reimbursed but the registration fee will be considered valid for the following edition.
Furthermore, should the preparation of the event or mass participation in it be put at risk due to force majeure or other serious causes, the Organisation reserves the right to move the place and/or date of the event within the same calendar year. In this case, the registration fee will be valid for the event on the new date.
ART. 16 – VARIATIONS
In case of new environmental and/or health circumstances and/or in the event of changes in the law and/or cycling regulations, the Organization reserves the right to make the reasonable changes to the Regulation at any time. The official website of the event where this Regulation is published is the only information reference on the event. Therefore, any different content on the press or on social media cannot overrule what is published here.
ART. 17 – DISQUALIFICATION
Disqualification lasting 2 years will apply in the following cases:
• Unauthorised deviations from the route;
• Abusive or offensive behaviour towards members of the Organisation;
• Lack of respect for the environment, such as littering in non-designated areas, outside food stops and checkpoints.
In serious cases, such as participating with another rider’s RACE NUMBER and unauthorised transfer of one’s registration, disqualification may be for life, subject to the incontestable judgement of the Organisation.
We appeal to the civic duty of all participants to keep the routes and locality clean and litter-free.
ART. 18 – APPROVAL, CONSENT, AUTHORISATION, ETC.
When requesting to participate in Eroica Montalcino by any of the methods provided for by the current regulations, each participant, from the moment of registration:
• declares that he/she has read and accepted the current Regulations in every part;
• guarantees his/her own behaviour during and after the event;
• declares that he/she is in good physical health and that he/she has provided the Organisation with a valid medical certificate, having undergone a medical examination for the practice of competitive or leisure cycling, this giving the Organisation the utmost leverage in the event of any damages resulting from his/her participation in the event;
• expresses consent to the use of his/her personal information, including for commercial use, as provided for under Italian privacy law no. 196 dated 30/06/2003, and European Union Regulation 2017/679 (GDPR/18);
• gives the Organisation the most ample consent to use, according to the law, including for profit, any video or photographic images taken during the days of the event, giving the Organisation the right to transfer such images to third parties.
Said authorisation, regarding the use of one’s own image, is to be considered permanent and without any territorial limits anywhere in the world. Images may be used in various publications and filmed material, including but not limited to promotional and/or advertising material produced on any medium. The Organisation may, furthermore, transfer to third parties and to its own institutional and commercial partners, the usage rights covered by this agreement.
The Organisation declines any responsibility, either direct or on the part of its collaborators, for any accident or damage to people or property, that may arise before, during and after the event or as a result of the same.
ART. 19 – PROCESSING AND REGISTRATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The processing and registration of personal information will be carried out by the following two companies:
APT San Candido
Piazza del Magistrato 1
39038 San Candido
Part. Iva. IT00127470219
ASDI San Candido
39038 San Candido